Named after the clingstone peaches that grew before the vineyard, Château Pavie is located on the south side Saint-Emilion hill. Little by little, vineyards replaced the peach orchards. In 1867, the property belonged to Mr. Fayard and Mr. Chapus. The estate was called the “Pimpinnelle Estate.” Bordeaux businessman Ferdinand Bouffard bought small plots of land forming 50 hectares (123.5 acres) of vineyards, Château Pavie was born. In 1955, the Château was ranked as the Premier Grand Cru Classé B. In 1998, Gérard Perse purchased the property and fully dedicated himself to the estate. Thanks to his work and involvement, Château Pavie received the Premier Grand Cru Classé A classification in 2012. The Château’s terroir is divided into three different parts: a gravelly area on the Saint-Emilion plateau, a clay-limestone part on the side of the hill, and a part on a limestone plateau. Our work is done 100% by hand, and the team works throughout the year. Green harvests are important for the team and for researching the grape’s optimal maturity. Robert Parker proclaims that, “Pavie is now one of the greatest wines in the world.” In fact, Parker gave the 2000 vintage the highest grade of 100/100. Château Pavie’s wines are powerful and elegant with complex flavors and a deep, brilliant purple colour with sparkling blue-tones. The wine possesses a nose with licorice-like spices with a floral note and great freshness in the mouth.
Cabernet Franc 25%
Cabernet Sauvignon 15%