In 1826, Hugh Barton purchased the Léoville estate and gave it its name, forming the Château Léoville Barton. This Irishman, passionate about France and wine, was already the owner of the Château Langoa Barton. Located in the middle of the Saint-Julien appellation, the property still belongs to the Barton family and was classified Second Grand Cru in 1855. From generation to generation, this family has always firmly believed in the importance of the terroir and now produces a true Saint-Julien, with great finesse and perfect balance. Covering 50 hectares, the vineyards are located on the edge of the village and are dominated by Cabernet-Sauvignon, a typical grape variety of the Médoc. Château Léoville Barton is now renowned for its power and richness, but also for its consistency and quality.
Cabernet Sauvignon 77%
Cabernet Franc 3%