The history of Château de Ferrand began in the early XVIIIth century with Elie de Bétoulaud. Lawyer at the Bordeaux Parliament, poet, visionary town planner, courtier, collector of curiosities, philanthropist, Elie de Bétoulaud founded the image of the Château. Its construction began in 1702. The Château has mysterious caves that open onto the Dordogne valley where Elie de Bétoulaud stored fossils, rare shells, and sculptures. There are 3 main rooms: one for Miss Scudéry (with whom he was in love), one for the Sun King Louis XIV, and a Grand Gallery. Having no direct descendants, Elie bequeathed the Château to his great-nephews who had won it during a poetry contest. It was in 1978 that the family of Baron Bich of the famous Bic brand bought Château de Ferrand. In 1977, Marcel Bich announced he had purchased the Château to his children during dinner. This was announced by saying “he had turned water into wine” as he was working in the sparkling water industry at the time. Following his death in 1994, his children decided to make it a family project. In 2010, the vat room and the cellars were restored, and Château de Ferrand was classified by the new Saint-Emilion classification in 2012. The vineyard is one of the highest in the Saint-Emilion appellation and is therefore favourably exposed to the wind. All plots are also planted on slight slopes, which allows water to be drained off during the summer rains. Château de Ferrand has an intense nose of ripe and spicy fruits with a garnet-red colour. They are fresh, well-structured but also complex and elegant wines. The Château has the Terra Vitis certification since 2012 and the HVE level 3 certification since 2018. Fauna and flora also coexist in the vineyards, where deer, wild boar, migratory birds, hares, and cranes can be found.
Cabernet Franc 29%
Cabernet Sauvignon 1%