Located in the heart of Pomerol appellation, Clos L’Eglise was one the most extended estate at 18th century with its 6 hectares. Following a family dismemberment, the estate is divided in 2 parts: one name Clos L’Eglise and one another becoming Clos L’Eglise-Clinet. In 1925, Clos L’Eglise is already acknowledged by wine specialist that placed it among the best Pomerol wines in company with Château La Conseillante and Vieux Château Certan. Its destiny evaluates when it is bought by Sylviane Garcin Cathiard, sister of Daniel Cathiard, owner of Château Smith Haut Lafitte. Today her daughter Hélène Garcin Cathiard manages the estate in addition to the other family properties (Haut-Bergey and Branon). Michel Rolland who is the wine advisor has launched a new impulse through vat renovation and renewal of wine methods. The 6 hectares of the estate extend on clay-limestone soil, typical from local terroir. The grape variety is composed of Merlot (70%) and Cabernet franc (30%). The vineyard is worked respecting sustainable agriculture.
Cabernet Franc 20%